Sunday, September 23, 2012

For the last couple of weeks I have been wanting to do a video blog to share some things from 2 Chronicles 20. Though writing is my preferred method of communicating, I felt that talking this message would be better since I am more prone to go off on some rabbit trail in the midst of it. As yet, I have still not found the time to do it. Anyway, as I was at the beach today I started reading in Isaiah about Hezekiah and how he had his life extended 15 years. This brought my cousin Marie to mind. This was what she had been praying for as well. She was suffering from lupus and cancer. She wanted so badly to see her granddaughter get married. But things didn't work out that way. She passed away in January 2010. As I was thinking about her, I was reminded that she was one of the best examples of following the pattern of 2 Chronicles 20 when responding to trials. And while some may think that things didn't really turn out for her, I have to think that they turned out better than we may believe. I mean, heaven has got to be better than anything this earth has to offer, right? Yes, those left behind still feel the void of not having her with us. But we've learned lessons from the life she lived before us. We have some beautiful memories. And if we are believers, we can rest knowing that one day we will see her again. So I'm thinking that perhaps when I do get around to doing the video blog I will have to include something about the life she lived. If ever a person had an army come against them, it was surely her. And she handled it magnificently. Oh, I can hardly wait to share it...aside from God, she is one of my favorite people to talk about. Perhaps this is why I haven't found the time. God knew that she needed to be included in my message.

No comments:

Post a Comment