Monday, January 9, 2012

Boyce Avenue - Broken Angel (Live & Acoustic at The Fort Studios)



When I was a child my father left home. It wasn't like I never saw him again, but he wasn't really a part of my life. He had another family and his time and money was spent with them. I always had this notion that it was my fault that he left. You know how children can think silly things like that. Anyway, I would do good in school, get awards, etc. hoping that I could be good enough and it would bring him back home. Sadly, that never happened. And I suffered for years feeling that I wasn't worthy to be loved and that I could never be good enough. My dreams of the perfect life were crushed. I feel like a lot of who I could have been was destroyed when he walked out that door. But you know, God had a plan in it all, and I've learned to forgive my father. Yes, I was once broken...but I am no longer. I have forgiven my father. And I have accepted a Father who will never leave or forsake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment