Monday, January 10, 2011

No Caving In

I am seeking to draw closer to God this year. I want to be that woman that He would have me be. Sometimes becoming that woman may require me to go through things that aren't entirely pleasant. But hey, like the song says, bring the rain. Whatever is required to make me into the woman that God desires is ultimately what is best for me, even if I don't think so at the time. I was thinking about people like Joseph, Moses, Esther, Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego, Paul, etc...all of them went through things that weren't pleasant. In the natural, those things surely were stress inducers. But you know, they all stood the test, trusting God and they didn't cave to the pressure. And I can't cave to the pressures I'm facing. Jesus is with me in the fire. He will never leave me or forsake me. I can count on that.

2 comments:

  1. I like your tenacity! If we start with the possibility of quitting or losing, it becomes the gravitational pull for failure. But you cast a better vision.

    Thanks for stopping by red letter believers! Are you a member of the High Calling Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you David. I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself lately, and I just had to get a grip and remember that I am not in this thing alone. God is with me.
    I am not a member of the High Calling Blogs.

    ReplyDelete